The best dinners are those that are interactive and surrounded by friends.My friend was telling me 亚博体彩下载about how her coworkers were adding in bacon for their twist on Vietnamese Rice Roll wraps.It sounded like a great idea,so we decided to make it at my place for our usual Saturday night hangouts.Mostly it was healthy,but its up to you to control your bacon intake.hahaha.Sadly,I have no self control.
What I love 亚博体彩下载about this is that it's just minimal prep work and then you get a fun meal out of it.If you have kids,they will definitely enjoy putting their meal together.Plus,who doesn't love bacon?You just need the rice rolls and then you can get creative with whatever ingredients you want inside.You can do all julienned veggies and bacon or you can add some vermicelli noodles like we did to balance it all out.
I like my bacon crispy so we got different types of bacon and cooked them in the oven as we prepared the rest of the ingredients.My favourite was the Sweet Ghost Pepper Bacon from President's Choice as it added a kick of flavour.
Off into the over it goes.We had so much bacon that it barely fit on my cookie sheets.Once you have everything ready,it's time to get the dinner started!I love that no matter what ingredient combination that you have in the rice roll,it tastes very fresh.
Makes enough for 4 people
- 1 package of rice paper
- 1 package of bacon (or 2 if you really love bacon.)
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Vermicelli noodles
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Bean Sprouts
- Cook bacon as per package instructions and set aside.Best if bacon is crisp.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.Boil rice vermicelli noodles as per package instructions.Drain noodles and run cold water over the noodles.Drain as much waster as possible and set aside.
- Clean and slice red peppers and cucumbers in long julienne strips.
- You need to wet the rice paper before wrapping.We have a shallow bowl with hot water to dip them in for half a second.
- Add in your ingredients and roll it up like a burrito.
- Eat and enjoy.
Tip: You can also add some hoisin sauce,or sriracha,or peanut sauce to go with the rice rolls for added taste.